Activ8 Advice: How do I Prepare Meals in Advance?
Being organised is a key component in staying focused and committed to implementing a new diet, so here are some meal ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner:
• Bircher oats (keep in a big container and take serves as you need)
• Mini frittatas, or slices of the vegie frittata
• Ziplock bag with dry oats and cinnamon – take to work and pour hot water over for a quick porridge, serve with milk.
• Pre-cook a few chicken breasts and make up a big salad with roast veggies. Make prepared salad containers for a few days
• Mix up a big tin of tuna with a can of drained and rinsed beans, add chopped fresh herbs a big drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice and S&P. Then over a few days serve with leafy greens
• Dinner leftovers: cook double or triple serves and portion up for lunches
• Boiled eggs: cook half a dozen at a time to have for your snacks or in salads or sandwiches
• Slow cooked/roasted meats: have portions divided up that you can freeze in zip-lock bags. Pre chop up some greens so that all you have to do when you get home is team some veggies and warm up your meat
• Bakes: eggplant moussaka, shepherd’s pie, frittata – these are all great to make on a Sunday and you can eat throughout the week depending on how big your family is!
• Pre-cook quinoa, wholemeal couscous or brown rice and add to dishes