3 Low Calorie Ready To Go Snacks
Are you time poor or constantly on the run? We’ve got you covered with these quick and easy snacks that are super low in calories!
Here are our top 3 healthy snack recipes to kick those afternoon chip and chocolate cravings! 👊👊
Blueberry + Almond Protein Shake
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop low carb vanilla plant-based protein powder
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ tbsp natural unsalted almond butter
- water to blend (optional)
Combine almond milk, protein powder, blueberries, water and almond butter into a blender on high for 1 minute.
Tip: Try adding some cinnamon to spice it up a little!
Chia Cacao Pudding
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) of water
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) of cacao powder
- Honey to sweeten (optional)
- Berries of choice (to garnish)
Combine chia seeds and water in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (overnight is ideal). Stir in peanut butter and cocoa powder, top with berries and enjoy!
Sea Salt + Garlic Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of kale washed and dried very well
- 2 tsp olive oil
- a pinch or two of salt
- a pinch of garlic powder or fresh diced garlic
Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Line a baking tray with some baking paper. Cut the Kale carefully removing the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner or paper towel. Drizzle kale with olive oil, garlic and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake until edges are brown but not burnt, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.