The Truth About the ‘Silly Season’
The end of year festive season is often called the ‘silly season’ for good reason. We rush around finishing work deadlines ‘this year’, frantically shop for ‘perfect’ last minute gifts and attend celebrations where we eat and drink to ‘excess’.
It’s a no brainer all this stress is not good for us. If this sounds like you, here are some tips to not just survive, but to thrive this festive season:
- Be kind to yourself and be mindful. Having down time to relax and reflect can help put life stresses in perspective and is the first step to selfcare.
- Exercise regularly. Remind yourself that getting regular exercise can help in many areas of your life like brain health, reduce the risk of disease and strengthen bones and muscles.
- Focus on eating better and smarter. Supplement your favourite end of year treats with plenty of whole foods which can help by keeping you fuller for longer and give your body the nutrition needed for long-term health.
- Get enough sleep. Adequate sleep can help you make better life choices that kick stressors to the kerb.
- Practice gratitude. Consider going for a walk while thinking about the things you are grateful for. Maybe send a ‘thank you’ to a person who’s helped you during the year?
Most of all, have a fabulous break enjoying time with family and friends.
Our Clubs are also taking a short break. Please find your PCYC for your local club opening hours.
Happy festive season. We look forward to working with you on your health and fitness goals in a brand new year.