The service offers planned support towards achieving goals within the young person’s priority areas for change. Support is delivered in the context of the family wherever possible. It focuses on reconnecting young people with natural and community supports.
YS Access service which aims to:
- Identify the most appropriate assistance available in accordance with a young person’s level of need.
- Providing young people and their families with information on available services and resources.
YS Support service provides case management which involves:
- Developing support plans with young people which aim to strengthen the support structures around them, including family supports, and develop their own capacities.
- Providing practical assistance, advocacy and interpersonal support and safety planning as needed.
We can help young people to:
- Connect with family and community.
- Find safe, stable places to live.
- Engage in education, training or employment.
- Maintain reasonable physical and emotional health.
- Access other support agencies and specialist services.
Young people aged between 12 – 21 years* of age who live or attend school in Mareeba who are:
- Homeless or at risk of being homeless.
- Disengaging from school, training and/or employment.
- Disconnected from family and community.
- In need of support with physical/mental health.
*8-11 year olds are welcome if they have a sibling who is 12 years or older and is a client.
Contact for more information or to make a referral
P 0428 841 272 / 0427 380 306
E [email protected] / [email protected]
136 Walsh Street, Mareeba QLD 4880
*8-11 year old’s are welcome if they have a sibling who is 12 years or older and is a client.
Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women