Frequently Asked Questions – Enrolment
PCYC Queensland Outside School Hours Care supports parents who need a safe, fun and developmental environment for their child.
Please contact your local OSHC service to enrol.
What time does OSHC open and close?
Operational hours vary for each service. Find your service to view the hours of operation. Operational hours are based on the needs of the community . Should you require additional hours and there is a need within the community for additional hours please speak with the coordinator.
Do I have to book my children in everyday, can I just use one or two days?
There are two types of bookings:
Permanent bookings – these are set days you require every week. These can be from one day to five days and these particular days will be held permanently for you until you change your booking through a formal booking form.
Casual bookings – PCYC Queensland appreciates that families have commitments that change daily or weekly and we allow the flexibility to book in your children at short notice. Some services may be on ratio or near licence capacity and may not be able to accommodate all bookings or changes. You will need to confirm with your service to ensure a place is available.
How much notice do I need to cancel my bookings?
Bookings changed or cancelled with 48 hours notice incur no cost for the session. Sessions cancelled less than 48 hours in advance incur the session charge.
How much does OSHC cost?
- Each service is unique and the fees reflect the services that can be offered. Please locate your service to view the fees.
- Bookings are charged as a session, whether you use one or three hours of care you will be charged for the full session.
- In addition to the session fee a PCYC Queensland Annual Child Membership of $20 will apply to your account. All children using the OSHC program need to be PCYC Queensland members.
- Fees will vary based on days of attendance and Child Care Subsidy (CCS) that will be applied to your account. The fees are based on a single booking.
How is my account managed?
Your statement will be emailed to you weekly. Our preferred method of payment is direct debit, this is integrated into QikKids our software program. Direct debit is a secure transaction that is directly debited from your account into ours.
What food is provided?
- We provide a healthy breakfast and afternoon snack which will always include fruit and vegetables. Food is selected with consideration to cultural preferences, dietary requirements and meal plans for specific children.
- Children are educated on healthy choices and often participate in cooking experiences, food preparation and cleaning up. Where possible the services like to have a garden and grow herbs and vegetables to contribute to the menu.
- PCYC Queensland services meet national food safety standards and guidelines. The services refer to the PANOSH framework and Smart Choices – the Healthy Food and Drink Strategy for Queensland Schools when preparing our menus.
- If your child requires a specific meal plan please talk with the coordinator upon enrolment.
Can the service provide care for my child with additional needs?
Children with additional needs are encouraged to integrate and become part of the service activities. Planning for a child with additional needs requires a plan. Before enrolling your child in our program, it will be necessary to discuss the additional needs your child may have, with the coordinator tailoring a plan on how to best support your child in our service. The service may need to seek specialist and support workers (where required) to provide quality care for your child, the service and family.
How old does my child have to be to attend OSHC?
Your child must be of school age and enrolled or registered and attending school, or will be in the current calendar year. However, when allocating places, priority will be given to prep and primary school age children.
I am separated from my partner; can we have separate accounts for my child?
YES. We use QikKids as our software package which allow separate bookings, contact details and billing for separate parents.