The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award
PCYC Queensland is the state’s largest provider of The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, a leading structured youth development program available to young people aged 14-24. The Award encourages participants to set their own goals and challenges, work towards achieving them, and then be recognised at the end for sustaining the commitment they have made.
The Duke of Ed Award is run in over 130 countries, with over 8 million young people participating worldwide. PCYC Queensland is a proud supporter of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.
How it works?
- Participants design their own Award
- Set their own goals and record their progress
- Create the change they want to see in the world
- Learn valuable practical and social skills for career development
- Connect with other Award participants at home and abroad.
How is an Award Achieved?
To achieve an award, each participant must learn a skill, improve their physical well-being, volunteer in their community, and experience a team adventure in a new environment. The key elements of the program are:
- Open to all young people aged 14 – 24
- Three levels: Bronze, Silver, and Gold – each progressively more challenging.
- Four Sections: Physical Recreation, Skills, Voluntary Service, Adventurous Journey plus Gold Residential Project (Gold Level only).
Why do Duke of Ed?
- Improve your wellbeing
- Make a difference in the world and create the change you want to see
- Get outdoors and into nature
- Learn something new
- To stay motivated to keep fit and active
- Become more employable and looks good on your CV
- Get into university
- Learn important life skills
- Get recognised for activities you are already doing or plan to do
- Recieve international recognition for your efforts
How to get started?
- Find your nearest PCYC Queensland Award Centre by getting in touch with us.
- Determine what Award is right for you: the Award levels vary according to your age and experience. Our Duke of Ed Award Coordinator can help you understand the requirements.
Please get in touch with PCYC Queensland’s The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Coordinator via the below form, call 07 3909 9501, or email [email protected] for more information.