Activ8 8 Week Challenge
Don’t let your health and fitness journey wane this winter – make wellness your priority with the PCYC Queensland Activ8 8 Week Challenge! Sign up now to enjoy daily strength and high intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts, developed by our qualified Trainers, plus nutrition guides delivered straight to your email inbox!
- Select from an extensive range of nutritious recipes (including vegetarian options), and discover the calorie and macronutrient breakdown of your meal choices.
- Take advantage of weekly meal plans with shopping lists and pantry staples, already prepared, to make grocery shopping simple.
- View video demonstrations, photos and descriptions by qualified Trainers to perform your workouts in the gym safely and confidently.
- Compare lifestyle indicators, waist to hip ratio and body mass index results before and after the challenge to monitor improvements to your overall health and fitness.
- Enjoy educational blogs to stay motivated throughout the Challenge.
- Benefit from a supportive, online community of Challenge participants from across the state in our Facebook group.
The Activ8 8 Week Challenge is available to all PCYC Queensland Gym+Fitness members at no additional cost! Enquire at your local club to sign up now.
Winter 2022 State-wide Challenge Bonuses
Gym+Fitness members from across Queensland can participate in the Activ8 8 Week Challenge simultaneously, from Monday 11 July to Sunday 4 September, 2022. To celebrate the camaraderie of PCYC Queensland members during this state-wide Challenge, participants are also eligible for the following Challenge Bonuses:
- Enjoy motivational tips and helpful advice delivered by Trainers each week, via our Facebook group.
- Chance to win one of four health and fitness prize packs – all participants entered into the draw automatically!
- Enhance your Activ8 8 Week Challenge experience with additional pre and post fitness testing, weight and measurement tracking, plus before and after Challenge Comparison photos!
Registrations for the state-wide Activ8 8 Week Challenge closed Thursday, 30 June, 2022.
Winter Prize Draw
All Activ8 8 Week Challenge participants who register for the state-wide Winter 2022 event are automatically entered into the draw to win one of four awesome prize packs. Participants have the Join the chance to win a Life Fitness Women’s or Men’s prize pack including: Backsack, water bottle, t-shirt, towel, foam roller, resistance tube, stability ball, fitness mat, skipping rope, core bag, slam ball. A Technogym Wellness Rack, plus a prize pack consisting of a backpack, foam roller, water bottle, towel and wellness bottle is also up for grabs!
Before & After Activ8 Challenge Extras – Winter 2022
Enhance your Activ8 8 Week Challenge experience this winter with additional testing to compare your fitness before and after the Challenge – exclusive to participants of the Winter 2022 Challenge!
Download Additional Fitness Testing
- Before and after Challenge fitness testing, conducted in club with the assistance of a qualified Trainer to monitor your improving fitness.
- Track your key body measurements to monitor your health before and after the Challenge.
- Track your body weight to monitor your progress before and after the Challenge.
- Consider capturing before and after photos to showcase your Activ8 8 Week Challenge journey. Hold a relaxed posture and photograph the front, back and side view, with your arm held behind your body. Make sure you take the After photo of the same side of your body that your Before photo was taken! If you’re interested in sharing your achievement with the Activ8 community, make sure you tag @PCYCQld on Facebook, or Instagram, or speak to the trainer at your PCYC Queensland Gym.
How to join the Activ8 8 Week Challenge
Registrations for the state-wide Winter 2022 Activ8 8 Week Challenge closed on Thursday, 30 June, 2022 – but don’t worry – there is still an opportunity to take part in the PCYC Queensland Activ8 8 Week Challenge! If you’re already a Gym+Fitness member, simply contact the staff at your local PCYC Queensland Gym to sign up to the individual Activ8 8 Week Challenge and commence the Challenge on a date of your choosing!
Not a Gym+Fitness member yet? Don’t worry – use our handy map tool to find your local PCYC Queensland Gym and contact the club to become a Gym+Fitness member, then get signed up to the individual Activ8 8 Week Challenge.
Join the Gym that Gives Back
PCYC Queensland Gyms really are the gyms that give back! As a registered charity, PCYC Queensland has been working with the Queensland Police Service since 1948 to support more than 70,000 members across the state; including more than 50,000 young people, many of whom are disengaged or at risk. Find out more.
PCYC Queensland Gyms are COVID Safe
We appreciate the importance of safety and hygiene in our gyms and are complying with the COVID Safe plan for the fitness industry to ensure your gym is a safe and healthy place to work out.
Activ8 8 Week Challenge Terms & Conditions
Must be a current PCYC Gym+Fitness member over eighteen (18) years of age and access to an email account to participate in the challenge. PCYC Queensland Gym+Fitness terms & conditions apply.
Activ8 8 Week Challenge Winter 2022 Additional Terms & Conditions
All participants to sign up on or before 30 June 2022; members who sign up after this date will not be eligible to participate in the state-wide Winter 2022 Challenge or prize draw. Challenge commences 11 July and concludes 4 September, 2022. All Winter 2022 Challenge entrants, excluding PCYC Queensland staff, will be entered into a state-wide prize draw for the opportunity to win 1 of 4 prize packs. One prize pack available to win per draw. Prize winner eligible to receive one prize pack only. No cash alternative available. Draw will be conducted at PCYC Lang Park, 40 Castlemaine Street, Milton, Queensland at 10:00am AEST Wednesday 7 September, 2022. Winners will be notified by email. If winner is uncontactable or does not claim prize within thirty (30) business days from draw date, competition will be redrawn at the abovementioned location.