PCYC Mount Isa
Due to the enforced closures of indoor sporting venues and gyms, a number of PCYC Queensland activities have temporarily been suspended, except for the provision of essential services. All other programs, fitness classes, gyms and activities have been suspended until further notice. We thank you for your continued understanding and support and look forward to welcoming all our members back in the future.
At PCYC Queensland we appreciate the importance now more than ever of staying active and healthy, to stay connected to the fitness community we are offering PCYC Queensland Activ8 @home join the facebook group to receive the option to join our online program get workouts, hints, tips recipes and more!
PCYC Mt Isa was established over 30 years ago, moving to our current building on Isa Street in August 2002. PCYC Mount Isa works with community partners to provide fun, safe and healthy sport and recreation.
We offer a variety of programs such as;
- Youth Support Service – Youth Support provides an essential case management service to young people who present with risk factors that may impact their well-being and result in harm, homelessness and/or negative health outcomes. Youth Support focuses heavily on strengthening young people’s relationships with their families and support networks, as well as developing their protective factors.
- Indigenous Programs – PCYC strives to provide equal opportunities for Indigenous community members to engage in meaningful and worthwhile programs delivered by local people. PCYC indigenous programs continue to achieve physical, social and emotional wellbeing outcomes for participants through our flagship programs; the Indigenous Community Sport & Recreation Program (ICSRP).
- Youth Outreach Programs – We have comprehensive outreach program of youth events in Mt Isa and also offer, exciting events in Camooweal, Urandangi, Dajarra and Boulia. Activities were developed in response to the ongoing concerns regarding youth crime and anti-social behaviour within the region. As part of a policing response, Mount Isa PCYC conduct a wide range of sports and recreation activities, creative arts and music programs.
- PCYC Youth Zone – Mount Isa PCYC has started up “PCYC Youth Zone” so it is a facility that we utilise to engage school aged young people through physical fitness. It is a space that is open twice a week to educate and teach school aged young people about the importance of health and fitness but also to provide positive role modelling and links connecting to community. Our aim is to break down barriers and build rapport between young people and police, provide positive experiences and outcomes in a fun, supportive, safe and inclusive environment.
- Gym & Fitness – Our staff and volunteers run a busy schedule of activities for all ages and abilities including a variety of fitness programs such as; , HIIT Strength, Power Bar, Morning Boot Camps, Tai Chi, & Up & Go.
- Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) – Mt Isa PCYC offers Before School Care, After School Care and Vacation Care. We offer a range of fun, recreational programs to keep young people engaged. Our services focus on the social, physical and emotional development of the young people in our care.
- Monday: 9.00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9.00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9.00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9.00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9.00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
24/7 Gym Access with fob
PCYC Mount Isa news