PCYC Mount Isa
PCYC Mt Isa was established over 30 years ago, moving to our current building on Isa Street in August 2002. PCYC Mount Isa works with community partners to provide fun, safe and healthy sport and recreation.
We offer a variety of programs such as;
- Youth Support Service – Youth Support provides an essential case management service to young people who present with risk factors that may impact their well-being and result in harm, homelessness and/or negative health outcomes. Youth Support focuses heavily on strengthening young people’s relationships with their families and support networks, as well as developing their protective factors.
- Indigenous Programs – PCYC strives to provide equal opportunities for Indigenous community members to engage in meaningful and worthwhile programs delivered by local people. PCYC indigenous programs continue to achieve physical, social and emotional wellbeing outcomes for participants through our flagship programs; the Indigenous Community Sport & Recreation Program (ICSRP).
- Youth Outreach Programs – We have comprehensive outreach program of youth events in Mt Isa and also offer, exciting events in Camooweal, Urandangi, Dajarra and Boulia. Activities were developed in response to the ongoing concerns regarding youth crime and anti-social behaviour within the region. As part of a policing response, Mount Isa PCYC conduct a wide range of sports and recreation activities, creative arts and music programs.
- PCYC Chillin In The Park engages school aged young people through physical fitness and positive mentoring. Held every THURSDAY at Sunset Oval to educate and teach school aged young people about the importance of health and fitness but also to provide positive role modelling and links connecting to community. Our aim is to break down barriers and build rapport between young people and police, provide positive experiences and outcomes in a fun, supportive, safe and inclusive environment.
- Gym & Fitness – Our staff and volunteers run a busy schedule of activities for all ages and abilities including a variety of fitness programs such as Morning Boot Camps and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
- Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) – Mt Isa PCYC offers Before School Care, After School Care and Vacation Care. We offer a range of fun, recreational programs to keep young people engaged. Our services focus on the social, physical and emotional development of the young people in our care.
- Monday: 9.00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9.00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9.00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9.00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9.00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
24/7 Gym Access with fob. Club opening hours may differ temporarily, due to COVID-19 restrictions.