Gymnastics and KinderGym
Learn gymnastics with PCYC Queensland no matter what your age!
Gymnastics continues to be our most popular sport and today PCYC Queensland is the largest gymnastics provider in the state. Our gymnastics programs benefit from our positive affiliation with Gymnastics Queensland and our lifelong gymnastics pathways provide a seamless opportunity for you to experience gymnastics at any age and any level.
You can start here with PCYC Queensland and achieve anywhere!
Our PCYC Queensland accredited coaches will encourage you to move through your gymnastics journey at your own pace. You or your child will be motivated to reach for new levels of skills and experiences, achieve your maximum potential or simply have some fun!
Our Gymnastics Syllabus Snapshot gives you further information about the range of classes on offer and you can find out more about our gymnastics’ pathways below.
Gymnastics Enquiry Form
What are the Benefits of Gymnastics?
Participation in gymnastics must be recommended as a great foundational activity for children and can provide opportunities for physical development, character development, and education that are hard to find anywhere else. Key benefits from participation in recreational and competitive gymnastics are:
- Enhanced development of most of the fundamental motor patterns
- Potential for enhanced flexibility
- Enhanced general strength and postural control
- Enhanced balance
- Enhanced anaerobic endurance
- Unique long-term bone forming and strengthening advantages over most other activities available to children
- Enhanced academic performance benefits
- Enhanced Task Mastery orientations for more appropriate children’s physical education
- Enhanced skill goal setting, and the ability to focus on a task to a high level
Moreover, gymnastics is inherently fun. In summary, it can be argued that gymnastics participation enriches and physically educates the lives of its participants in ways that are unreachable by most other activities and sports (Sands, Caine & Borms, 2005).
(Taken from BENEFITS OF GYMNASTICS – a foundation in children’s growth and development T.Dowdell EdD (2006, revised 2010))
Find your nearest PCYC that offers this activity
2489 Shute Harbour Rd, Jubilee Pocket, Queensland, 4802