PCYC Mareeba was established in 2001 and is housed in the original Mareeba Shire Hall building. Our club provides the Mareeba community & neighbouring towns with opportunities to participate in:
- Outside School Hours Care
- Recreational activities
- Youth Development programs
We have passionate and friendly Youth Support Officers (YSO) who can provide support and assistance to young people in regards to:
- Engage in education, training or employment
- Connect with family and community
- Re-engagement with school
- Access other support agencies and specialist services
We provide the community with youth development programs, such as:
- Braking the Cycle: a program that supports young people to complete their mandatory 100hrs of supervised driving to obtain their provisional licence.
- My Space program: to provide youth with additional life skills to encourage them to make better choices, engage well with others, at school and assist to improve their self-confidence and communication skills.
- Community Foundation Skills: a program for people who want to improve their language, literacy, numeracy and digital skills.
Our youth development programs aim to increase self-esteem and develop life skills.
We open our hall for Pulse Café, a nightly drop-in, with snacks, to engage youth in activities, life skills and team building. For youths attending school in Years 6 to Year 12. Check our Facebook page for opening nights.
136 Walsh Street,
PO Box 1126
Phone: (07) 4092 4231
Email: [email protected]Become a member Make this my PCYC Business Partners Like us on Facebook
- Monday: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- Tuesday: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- Wednesday: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- Thursday: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- Friday: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed