PCYC Mareeba was established in 2001 and is housed in the original Mareeba Shire Hall building. Our club provides the community of Mareeba & neighbouring towns with opportunities to participate in:
- Outside School Hours Care
- Recreational & Cultural activities
- Youth Development programs
- 24/7 boutique gym
We have one passionate and friendly Youth Support Officer (YSO) who can provide support and assistance to young people in regards to:
- Engage in education, training or employment
- Connect with family and community
- Access other support agencies and specialist services
We provide the community with youth development programs, such as:
- Ready for Work: a two week program designed to help young people transition to the work force with job ready skills.
- Braking the Cycle: a program that supports young people to complete their mandatory 100hrs of supervised driving to obtain their provisional license.
- My Space PLUS: a weekly drop in center at PCYC Mareeba to engage youth in sporting, life skills and team building.
- Pulse Cafe: our two ICSRO’s facilitate food and sports at a late night drop in center for young people.
Our youth development programs aim to increase self-esteem and develop life skills.
Two Indigenous Community Sport and Recreation Officers (ICSRO) are based at our club. Each year we hold the annual PCYC Cup, an Indigenous Rugby League carnival inviting teams from as far as the Cape to attend. Bi-annually we hold our Indigenous Swimming Carnival that also attracts participants from all over the far north.
- Monday: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- Tuesday: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- Wednesday: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- Thursday: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- Friday: 3.00pm - 5.00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
24/7 Gym Access with fob.
PCYC Mareeba news